In New York City, personal injury and Construction accident cases often require an expert with focused expertise. We have been previously admitted as expert witness in New York Civil and Supreme Courts, as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, in the area of building design, construction, maintenance, use and occupancy.
We have been previously successful in providing expert witness support in defending the Red Cross from a personal injury lawsuit in an alleged trip, Slip and fall accident occurring at a Red Cross property in New York City.
We have been previously successful in providing expert witness opinion report in defending a religious school [Talmudic Academy] from a personal injury lawsuit in an alleged fall accident occurring at their school property in New York City.
We have been previously successful in providing Code-compliance opinion report in defending a landlord from a personal injury lawsuit in an alleged defective construction accident occurring at a multi-family high-rise rental property in New York City.
Our forensic inspection reports and expert witness services are used by insurance defense attorneys, landlord/tenant attorneys, commercial claims and personal injury attorneys alike in investigating a wide range of construction matters for a myriad of cases, including the following:
- Evaluation of defective construction, improper renovation work and hazardous conditions in occupied and vacant buildings, used in property damage and Warrantee of Habitability litigations.
- Assessments of Code complying or Defective Conditions at accident sites, including stair fall, ramp fall, ladder fall, fire-escape fall, optical illusion falls, wet slippery floor fall, obstruction fall, injury caused by defective construction and construction accidents used by insurance defense and personal injury attorneys.
- Forensic reports on litigations involving water damage and mold claims from plumbing, exterior and/or roof leaks.
- Monitoring reports of damage to foundation walls of adjacent property, that is adjacent to a construction site, excessive vibrations, defective construction, improper renovation work and hazardous conditions on construction site.
- Evaluations of Sidewalk defects and Tripping Hazards, including sidewalk curbs, gratings, hatch doors and hardware.
- Evaluation of retaining wall collapses and related damage to adjacent properties.
- Evaluation of roadway defects and related vehicle accidents.
- Evaluation of defective parapet wall collapse and related damages.
- Evaluation of moisture damage from defective roofing and terrace pavements.
- Evaluation of moisture damage and structural failure of sidewalk vaults.
- Structural damage caused by large tree roots.
- Evaluation of parking lot accidents, defective parking lot design and drainage.
- Escalator and elevator accidents.
- Shopping mall design defects and maintenance claims.
- Building Condition Reports published in Condominium and Cooperative Offering Plans that are filed with the NY State Attorney General.
- Inspection Reports on tenants’ legal use and warrantee of habitability used in eviction proceedings and non-complying property conditions, such as encroachments of construction on abutting lots, used in commercial litigations.
- Forensic Reports on health hazards in properties, including Hurricane Sandy and 9/11 fall-out studies, mold and lead-based paint litigations.